- Plan: Put together a plan as to what you will achieve from speaking at an event. Take with you your business cards, flyers, & anything to help with marketing your business.
- Display: Add impact with a Pop Up System. If you are using a power point presentation make sure your company details are clearly visible together with contact details.
- Pre-PR: Build pre-pr into your speaking event. Take ownership and make it ‘Your Event’ with the focus of showcasing your company services & products. Write an article or blog about your Subject Matter & provide a teaser of what you will be talking about. Ensure you also add contact details to find out when the event is happening for anyone that may be interested in attending.
- Increase your opportunities: Have you got any companies or individuals you want to influence. This is the perfect opportunity to let people on your database know about your speaking event. If it’s a free event, invite them along and if there is a fee attached to the event, why not ask the organisor for VIP guest invites.
- Your Website: If you have a website don’t forget to update it. If you’ve been listed to be a keynote speaker then you can expect traffic to your website for a quick bit of research by delegates before coming to an event. So check that everything is correct, pop an updated blog, photo it will all help with first impressions.
- Social Media: Let everyone know you will be speaking at an event, you will be surprised how it will attract many more speaking opportunities. Face book, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ Give your followers an opportunity to meet you.
- Post Event: Excellent way of building up a Speaking Portfolio. Ensure that photo’s of you with the organisor is placed on your site, follow up with an article & blog, any footage taken of you promoted on your u-tube channel.
We hope that the above top 7 tips will be useful when planning and maximising your speaker opportunities at an Event.